Greetings Unit Leaders, Committee Chairs and Chartered Organization Representatives!
The information listed below is to assist the person responsible for completing the Charter Renewal process for your unit. A helpful PowerPoint is also available here– and a tutorial is available on the Charter Renewal page here- https://scoutnet.scouting.org/ucrs/UI/home/default.aspx
Additional information is also available at your Council’s Roundtable and on the Del-Mar-Va’s website www.delmarvacouncil.org. Dates and times for District Recharter Day events will be announced through your District. If you cannot attend your District Recharter Day event, please contact your Unit Commissioner or District Executive to arrange delivery.
To access the Unit Charter Renewal System (UCRS)
- Go to: www.delmarvacouncil.org
- On the home page click on the link for Volunteer Support
- Click Volunteer Resources
- Click the “Internet Rechartering Website” link on the Volunteer Resources page
Required steps to complete online in order to finalize the process:
- All pages of the Unit Charter Renewal online system
- BSA Adult or Youth applications for everyone listed as “new” on page one of the Charter Renewal Report Package. Adult applications MUST include a signed Disclosure/Authorization form
- Youth Protection Training Certificates – YPT is available online at http://my.scouting.org
- Online payment for registration fees, and one check for local Insurance fees of $3 per person — made payable to Del-Mar-Va Council, BSA
- The final paperwork must include appropriate signatures on all individual adult and youth applications and on the Charter Renewal Application. The lack of appropriate signatures may result in an inability to submit your charter renewal online and will delay the processing of your charter renewal.
- Youth Protection Training is required for all adult leaders and must be completed every two years. Please confirm that every adult leader has current YPT before turning in the final renewal paperwork.
Other documents strongly encouraged to be turned in:
Journey to Excellence Form: JTE forms are available online at www.scouting.org/jte
Additional useful forms (Membership Inventory, Unit Budget Plan, New Youth & Adult Applications, etc.) may be found at http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/Home/Membership/Registration.aspx and can be printed and used to assist in the completion of your unit’s 2018 charter renewal.